PCCLIST readers:

A  NAR has two authors confused, and I'm in the process of differentiating them.  The existing record is "undifferentiated" but only in the sense that two people are represented on it.  Name: (008/32) is coded a.  The 670 fields are not formulated for an undifferentiated situation.

Would you put:

667  Formerly on undifferentiated record:

Or simply:

667  Formerly on:

I ask because of an automated process that makes use of the term undifferentiated in 667 fields.  I'd like that process to pick up on the record I create.  Otherwise, use of the term is strictly speaking incorrect.

I've included the existing record below.  The author of the titles in 670/2-3 (apparently an architect in Arizona) is not the one for which the record was originally created, but (sigh) I get to create a new record for the original person, not the interloper.

Thanks - Ian

Ian Fairclough
George Mason University
703-993-2938 (office)
010  n  86812356  ǂz n 2001006058
040  DLC ǂb eng ǂc DLC ǂd DLC
1001 Fuller, Stephen S.
4001 Fuller, Stephen ǂq (Stephen S.)
670  nuc86-20436: His Federal purchases in the Washington ... c1984 ǂb (hdg. on DGW rept.: Fuller, Stephen S.; usage: Stephen S. Fuller)
670  The Continental collection, c1992: ǂb 1st prelim. p. (Stephen S. Fuller)
670  Fuller, Stephen. Elements of style, c2000: ǂb t.p. (Stephen Fuller)