From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nathan Tallman
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 10:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Stylesheet Help

Is it possible to write an XSL stylesheet to flatten the controlled access terms? We'd like to shift from encoding like this:

                        <controlaccess>
                                    <head>Search Terms</head>
                                    <note>
                                                            the American Jewish Archives's online catalog.</p>
                                    </note>
                                    <controlaccess>
                                                <head>Contributors</head>
                                                <persname source="lcnaf" encodinganalog="700" />
                                    </controlaccess>
                                    <controlaccess>
                                                <head>Subjects</head>
                                                <persname encodinganalog="600" source="lcnaf" />
                                                <corpname encodinganalog="610" source="lcnaf" />
                                                <subject source="lcsh" encodinganalog="650" />
                                                <occupation encodinganalog="656" source="lcsh" />
                                                <geogname encodinganalog="651" source="lcnaf" />
                                    </controlaccess>
                                    <controlaccess>
                                                <head>Genres</head>
                                                <genreform encodinganalog="655" source="lcsh">LCSH</genreform>
                                    </controlaccess>
                        </controlaccess>

to this:

                        <controlaccess>
                                    <head>Search Terms</head>
                                    <note>
                                                            the American Jewish Archives's online catalog.</p>
                                    </note>
                                                <persname source="lcnaf" encodinganalog="700" />
                                                <persname encodinganalog="600" source="lcnaf" />
                                                <corpname encodinganalog="610" source="lcnaf" />
                                                <subject source="lcsh" encodinganalog="650" />
                                                <occupation encodinganalog="656" source="lcsh" />
                                                <geogname encodinganalog="651" source="lcnaf" />
                                                <genreform encodinganalog="655" source="lcsh" />
                                    </controlaccess>
                        </controlaccess>

And let the HTML/PDF stylesheets do the sorting. Alas, I have about 800 finding aids encoded in the former example that need to be converted. Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,
Nathan