Hello Ray,

Thank you for answering so quickly.

It appears to be the case that my problem is connected to a possible bug in how Saxon validates; see

<http://www.oxygenxml.com/pipermail/oxygen-user/2011-October/003865.html>
<http://www.oxygenxml.com/pipermail/oxygen-user/2011-October/003866.html>

Sorry for the static! I think it is often the case that formulating a question on a mailing list leads to a more systematic investigation of possible answers - which then renders the question unnecessary ….

Best,

Jens