Dear Fellow Dataists,

We have gotten some great feedback on tools used for messing with metadata.  Included in some of the comments is either explicitly or implied “use cases”.

For those who have some good “stories” about what they want to do with the data – can you share that?  Want a tool to solve a problem or provide a new service?  Can you explain it so that  discussions can have a focus on why we need the tools we lack or need to develop/tweak tools we have?

Are there situations where you would like to change your metadata, but lack the tools or technical expertise to make those changes happen?

Please tell us what are you want to accomplish. If you can, include what kind of environment (organizationally, technically) you'd be working in, along with anything else that you think would help other understand what you need.

This is to help with making the short amount of time for a great workshop to be successful at Digital Library Federation’s Forum November 1st in Baltimore

Comment here:

http://lamsmetadata.blogspot.com/2011/10/metadata-use-cases.html

or reply to Suzanne or Robin

THANKS!!