07.11.2011 11:19, Till Kinstler:
> As one of the developers involved in the VuFind Open Source project,
> I want to comment on one wrong statement in this email:
>
> Am 07.11.2011 09:26, schrieb Bernhard Eversberg:
>
>> (No mean feat, I think, even today. Even something like VuFind
>> takes in MARC and nothing else.)
>
> This is not true. VuFind is designed to deal with all kinds of text
> based "record formats".
> VuFind comes
> with convenient out of the box import mechanisms for MARC records,
> because it is still the "universal format" in the library world. But
> you can easily build your own import chains for different formats

Yes, if you happen to be a Java programmer. As nowadays everyone is,
except me.
I didn't mean to say anything negative about VuFind. Just point to the
fact that it comes with "convenient out of the box import mechanisms
for MARC records". No such convenience for Unimarc or Pica or whatever.

B.Eversberg