To the BIBFRAME mailing list

The National Library of New Zealand joins others in welcoming the Bibliographic Framework Transition Intitiative launched by the Library of Congress.

We also welcome the involvement of national and international standards bodies such as NISO, ISO, WC3, etc, who we feel will bring expertise and valuable additional perspectives to our development of a new data format for libraries.

Finally, we have been following the email discussion with interest, and strongly support the position that a new format standard would need to be openly available and managed in a way which facilitates modification and further development by its user community.

Regards,

Kim Gutchlag

Kim Gutchlag
Manager, Collection Description
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna Matauranga o Aotearoa Wellington, New Zealand
The Department of Internal Affairs Te Tari Taiwhenua
Direct Dial: +644 474 3085
www.dia.govt.nz<http://www.dia.govt.nz>

====
====