Hello,

We noticed a big error in the "persname" field when taking a record from Oxygen to Marc Edit and would love any help on the matter.  The only names that show up in Marc are the names with parentheses in them.  For Example:

In oXygen:

            <persname encodinganalog="600" source="lcnaf">Kousky, Edgar F.</persname>
            <persname encodinganalog="600" source="lcnaf">Langenmayr, Robert</persname>
            <persname encodinganalog="600" source="lcnaf">Laurin, Arthur E.</persname>
            <persname encodinganalog="600" source="lcnaf">Laurin, Joseph (Al)</persname>
            <persname encodinganalog="600" source="lcnaf">Lewis, Frank L.</persname>
            <persname encodinganalog="600" source="lcnaf">Lynn, James L.</persname>

When run through MarcEdit:

=600  10$a
=600  10$a
=600  10$aLaurin, Joseph $q(Al)
=600  10$a

Also when we have another finding aid that in oXygen when a date is after a person's name, like John Smith (1912-1999), that record shows up, but the names without a date range do not show up in MarcEdit.

Has anyone ever run into this error before?

Thank you kindly,

Kimberly Kleinhans, librarian
Local History/Genealogy
Onondaga County Public Library