FEDLINK Demo Day with ProQuest News
Please join your Government Representative Clay Boss for an exciting demonstration of ProQuest News – Domestic, International and Historic (Archival)
When: Wednesday, November 16. Times are 9:30am - 11:30am EDT with a repeat at 1:30pm - 3:30pm EDT.
For the Webinar, please call Clay Boss at 252-571-3176, or email at: [log in to unmask]
Where: Offered live at the FLICC/FEDLINK Training Room at the Library of Congress Adams Building (2nd Floor Room 216, 2nd & Independence Ave., SE, Washington, DC) as well as via Webinar for those of you outside of the Washington, DC area.
Come and see how you can search the current Wall Street Journal with the archive Wall Street Journal on the same search and platform! Our world is getting smaller every day, see how the International news databases can keep you current with important issues from around the world. Products that will be covered are:
· ProQuest NewsStand: ProQuest Newsstand™ lets librarians create an online newspaper resource that meets the needs of their library's patrons. Customers can choose to receive a selection of major national newspapers, or create customized state and regional packages. The core of the database includes international, national and regional papers such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Washington Post, The Guardian, El Norte, Jerusalem Post, and South China Morning Post.
· ProQuest Historic NewsStand: Trace the Revolutionary War rebel cause, Reconstruction after the Civil War, learn about a break-through medical discovery, the inauguration of a world leader, both World Wars, the Civil Rights Movement, experiment with a tasty new recipe, laugh at a comic strip and experience the birth of freedom—all from one source...ProQuest Historical Newspapers™ is the definitive newspaper digital archive offering full-text and full-image articles for significant newspapers dating back to the 18th Century. As part of the ProQuest Historical Newspapers™ program, every issue of each title includes the complete paper-cover-to-cover, with full-page and article images in easily downloadable PDF format. The full collection of ProQuest Historical Newspapers™ contains nearly 30 million digitized pages.
· Gannett News: Exclusive access to 85 full-text newspapers from the world-leading news and information provider, Gannett, plus an additional 7 U.S. military titles are available on a non-exclusive basis. Gannett newspapers span 30 states providing high quality reporting to their local and regional constituencies.
· International NewsStand: Information from more than 280 of the world's top newspapers, for example: The Bangkok Post, El Norte, Financial Times, The Guardian, Jerusalem Post, South China Morning Post, The Daily Telegraph, Asian Wall Street Journal, and the BBC Monitoring series of publications are just a few of the sources in ProQuest International Newsstand.
· Middle East NewsStand: Middle East Newsstand provides more than 30 current, full text news sources in English and French from across the Arab World, Israel, Southwest Asia and surrounding countries. Researchers can search the latest news, then compare and contrast perspectives across the region. Several of the sources have been translated from Arabic to English by the publisher, so your users benefit from the point of view of both Arabic and English language publications
· U.S. Hispanic Newsstand: ProQuest U.S. Hispanic Newsstand is the largest collection of leading Hispanic newspapers available to libraries. With titles from around the U.S., including El Diario/LA PRENSA (New York City), La Opinión (Los Angeles), Conexión (San Antonio) and Extra (Chicago), U.S. Hispanic Newsstand provides local, regional, national, and international news from the Hispanic perspective.
· Newspaper Direct, PressDisplay: Library PressDisplay provides instant online access to today's newspapers from around the world in full-color, full-page format. The ever-expanding collection currently includes more than 1,200 U.S. and international titles—from 94 countries in 48 languages. Just like reading the familiar print edition, viewers can browse articles and other key content, such as pictures, advertisements, classifieds, and notices. The service also provides up to a 60-day backfile and the ability to perform keyword searches across all titles and the entire backfile.
· AskZad: A brand new product available through ProQuest. Coverage includes Arabic news, books, journals and magazines that are not available in electronic format from any other source in the industry. This database is in Arabic, so I will not be demonstrating it, but I will have details on the coverage
Refreshments will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you on Wed. the 16th.
FEDLINK Vendor Services