Thanks for the quick reply, Richard. Much appreciated.

I probably should have mentioned that I do not own a DAC,  much less a
pro-quality one like your RME's. And you bet I won't discard any original
files I acquire.

For the moment I'm just trying to find software that will enable me to use
lplex to write 24/96 files to a DVD-video. (It won't work at 88.2) The
DVD's are very portable, solving one problem The problem is that 88.2/24
files are much more common on sites like HDTracks than 96/24 ones.

Thanks again,

Hunter