Some of you may know of Wilfrid Thomas, a British/Australian  broadcaster
and sometimes singer who had regular programs on the BBC and the ABC from
1940 through to 1980. The NFSA has his tape collection of current affairs
reporting from all over. I am trying to track down who may now own the
copyright on his material we have here, and trying to find out if he had
any children or other close family. He died in 1991 and an obituary was
published in The Times in London on 23 August that year. As far as I can
tell this should be available online, but we don't have any access to it
and I have spent the morning trying to find a library around the country
who does, but with no success. Any any of our ARSC collegues can access
The Times from 1991 and find this obit I would be very grateful. I will
make no comment about Rubert Murdoch and his paywall.

Thanks

graham

Graham McDonald
Recorded Sound Archivist
National Film and Sound Archive of Australia,
McCoy Circuit, Acton, Canberra  ACT  2601
Tel:  02 6248 2192
www.nfsa.gov.au