From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello,

humidity works, according to Nadja Wallaszkovits (Phonogrammarchiv, Centre
for Linguistics and Audiovisual Documentation, Austrian Academy of Sciences,
Vienna). It is part of the re-plastification process she reported on without
giving details in Berlin in June (see my report of 14 June 2011 on ARSCLIST).

A patent had been applied for, publication was to be "soon", but to my
knowledge this has not yet happened. Perhaps your information from Mitchell
Heller was published in its day, and this could prevent patenting today. In
such a situation, the applicant frequently withdraws the patent application
without letting it publish, to keep the information to himself, as there are
no rights to be derived from it.

Best wishes,

George

P.S. I have just read the posts by Richard Hess and Steven Smolian, and I
agree completely.