Hi Goran

On 15/12/2011 you wrote;

GF> AA:

>> Based on this reasoning isn't that why the linear tracking tonearm was
>> arguably the truest playback system of all?

GF> Yes.

GF> After living/using such arms for some 35+ years I am loathe to go back to
GF> bent pivoted arms with all of their audible problems.

I don't think anyone here would dispute the fact that a radial
tracking system has many advantages, but it seems to me that you
missed the point of the original question - which concerned the pros
and cons of a straight versus an S-shaped tone arm.

I think most of us would agree the latter provides a better compromise
than the former.

Graeme Jaye

Audio Restoration and Location Sound Recording
http://www.personal-cd.com