Perhaps inquiries to the BBC and ABC themselves might help. I know that Warren Fahey has contacts with the ABC re: putting ABC folk song material from their archives onto his website - try emailing him at [log in to unmask] <http://www.warrenfahey.com/>

Also too you could email the British Library Sound Archives <http://www.bl.uk/nsa> which holds an amount of BBC material. Search the catalogue <http://cadensa.bl.uk/cgi-bin/webcat> for "Wilfrid Thomas" - it seems that there is some material there.

Good luck

Chris B.