Thanks!

It uses Solr 1.4.  To be honest, I haven't had my finger on the Solr pulse
for a year, so I missed the entire 3.x release.  I'll look into 3.x ASAP
and probably migrate all of my projects to the latest stable version.
Their releases seem to be coming more swiftly than they used to (a year and
a half between 1.4 and the next major release, 3.1, and then four
incremental releases in the last eight months).

You can add additional elements into any component: scopecontent,
controlaccess, and any other element that can be placed into the did.
Components are loaded into their own form, which is separate than the form
for editing the core of the finding aid. This is done for scalability and
keeping the UI as simple as possible.

The wiki has an entry for the component form:
http://wiki.numismatics.org/eaditor:ead_component

As the wiki article indicates, the component form is largely identical to
the archdesc tab in the EAD core form (
http://wiki.numismatics.org/eaditor:ead_core)

With Google Analytics, I haven't given much thought to public stats, but I
will eventually integrate a Google Analytics feature into the EADitor
configuration file, as I have done in another application I am working on
at the American Numismatic Society which is geared specifically for coin
collections (Numishare <http://code.google.com/p/numishare/>).  You can
copy and paste the HTML that Google provides you for the analytics into a
text box in the application settings page, and this will include that code
in the HTML for the public site to activate the analytics.  I forgot to add
this feature to EADitor before releasing the newest beta, so it will have
to wait until the next release (unless you keep your application up-to-date
with the subversion code).

Ethan