Hi,

I've uploaded this to the EC Wiki in the Data Modelling section. It's
just a rough attempt to represent Gordon's spreadsheet in diagram form
in Visio, with lots more work to do even on the elements I've started to
model.

I've sorted his spreadsheet by the Aggregator / MODS element columns to
gather together the [Statement] blank nodes for some of the top level
elements. So far I've attempted to begin to model: abstract,
accessCondition, classification, genre and identifier. I'd envisage new
'pages' for the elements that may be modelled in MADS so I've created a
placeholder example page with a tab for 'titleInfo' which isn't properly
modelled as yet.

I'm afraid it's my first attempt at using Visio so it's very rough
around the edges, but I thought that most people might have access to a
copy of it so it might be a useful tool. Also, as I said earlier, I'm
just attempting to replicate what we have on the spreadsheet at present
so as we re-model and make decisions we would have to update it as we
define our classes and properties or domains and ranges.

Jan

Jan Ashton
Metadata Services
T +44 (0) 1937 546603