Yes, Dick. I wondered that too. As we all know here, with the right stylus,
tracking force and a clean 78 there is
nothing like that sound -- a little limited in some ways, but present,
booming and crackling (hopefully!) with electricity.

But as something to own, trade, archive or even listen to in the long term,
an mp3 holds no value. And I fear that much
music from these days will only survive in such format 30 years from now.

UD