> > A local restaurant here in Pawling uses a Bose Wave Radio to provide
> background music. It's one of the older models and had been playing 9 hours
> a day for several years when recently it stopped making any noise. I
> offered to have a look to see if a fuse had blown.
> >
> > I got to pop the hood and root around with a stick so to say. I am very
> impressed with the design and manufacture of the unit. There was no fuse
> for me to replace so the owner sent it back to Bose for repair. Less than
> two weeks later music was back at Karen's Kitchen.
> >
> > Did this impress me yet again? Oh yes.
> >
> > Do I now own one? Well... maybe soon.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > On Jan 31, 2012, at 3:16 AM, Shai Drori wrote:
> >
> >> My father has one and it is very nice, not sure if it's worth the
> money. Worth checking out.
> >> Shai

> personally own one, but I know several folks who do and love them.

> I have had a wave radio for many years, and about 5 years ago it stopped.
I opened it, also looking for a fuse.  I discovered that the fuse was
soldered in.  It's toward the back left.  It indeed was blown.  I cut it
out and put in a fuse holder/fuse from Radio Shack. The radio has worked
well since then. I am puzzled why they would solder the fuse in.  I guess
they want you to send it back for repair.

--
Frank B Strauss, DMD