Not that you want to hear more from me on this topic, but there are some
more composer names that ought to be added
to my list; Michel van der Aa, Du Yun, Scott Pender. They all write
outstanding music, and are very different from one
another.

Also, I wanted to clarify something: I wrote, "Orchestras still need to
work to overcome the "new music scare factor"
that emerged at the end of the 1980s." That is, they need to do something
more effective than say 'It's the composer's
fault" and not to program any new music. Actually, composers are coming
around, it seems; they want audiences, and
don't mind working for them. Here I should mention Henri Dutilleux, who is
still living, but not active; he was the scapegoat
of the 1990 NY Phil subscriber sickout that broached the new music scare
factor as a public phenomenon. Poor Henri
hardly deserved it; he is Boulez' arch-enemy, and is stylistically rather
conservative in direct comparison.

David N. "Uncle Dave" Lewis
Lebanon, OH