http://dougpayne.blogspot.com/2011/07/impulse-2-on-1-series-celebrating-50.html

these bargain-priced 2-for-1 CD's are another smart way to get more music back in print for prices
akin to iTunes downloads. I can't say for sure, but I think the majors may be having a change of
mind about back-catalog stuff (ie they may be realizing that when something is out of print, there
is no chance of making any money from it, whereas if you can figure out how to keep it in print for
a very low cost, it will pay off over time).

Remastering and production on the Impulse reissues I just bought is all from Germany, where I think
the master tapes are now stored. Sound quality is good, lively but not over-crunched on the Chico
Hamilton and Coleman Hawkins CDs. I have three of the four total albums on original LPs so I'll
compare tonight.

-- Tom Fine