-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pekka Gronow
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 4:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] US record business in the 1950s

Lots of useful comment, thanks - especially access to Billboard on the
internet (overwhelming). I still prefer browsing paper volumes, but I would
have to cross the Atlantic to do that. Thanks!

One detail: what was London records in the USA in the 1950s (see below) ? I
am not clear on this. A US subsidiary of UK Decca?? The label also existed
in the UK. How extensive was their business?
Did they produce original US material?

Pekka