In my old house in West Philly that I left in 1997 they are still in use today afaik! This neighborhood contains the largest number of Victorian homes in America.
It's quite stunning to see block after block of these gorgeous and ornate structures. The electrical and plumbing  systems were really something from the Addams Family...

AA

Sent from my iPhone