All, I am forwarding this message with Judy's permission --Les Hawkins

From: Kuhagen, Judith
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:26 PM

I am retiring from the Library of Congress on Dec. 30, 2011.  My first day at LC was the Monday after Thanksgiving in 1972 when I joined Serial Record Division as a cataloger.   (We moved here from Madison, Wisconsin where I had been a serial cataloger at the university library and my husband had been a graduate student; we decided we'd "try out" living in the D.C. area for 5 or 6 years and then move back to Wisconsin -- so much for that plan!)

All these years at LC gave me wonderful opportunities to do interesting and challenging tasks at LC and  in PCC, ALA, IFLA, etc.  The best part was working with so many dedicated people to accomplish those tasks.

Retirement won't mean leaving LC and RDA behind.  First, I need to come back in January to finish cleaning out my cubicles.  Then, a part-time position as secretary to the Joint Steering Committee for Development of RDA will give me reasons to be back now and then at a desk in Policy and Standards Division.

I send my best wishes for the New Year!

Gratefully,  Judy