I have done a blog post that follows up on my response to this list a
few weeks back regarding the work on MODS in RDF.

http://kcoyle.blogspot.com/2012/01/bibliographic-framework-rdf-and-linked.html

In that email post I cautioned about treating RDF as a serialization
of our legacy record formats. I'm afraid that offended some of the
folks working on MODS, which was not my intention. I do think we
should be cautious about moving "forward" primarily by cross-walking
our legacy data into a new format without embracing a new way of
thinking. I would like to see more work taking place that isn't
directly based on the translation of legacy record formats. Thus, this
blog post that I hope explains that better.

I welcome responses, rebuttals, outbursts, etc. Note that in order to
avoid spam I need to manually approve each comment, so don't be
surprised if your comments don't appear immediately.

Thanks,
kc
--
Karen Coyle