This is a request for an update on progress on the bibliographic
framework project from Library of Congress to this list. In the
initial framework document [1], LC stated, quite clearly IMO,

   "We plan to establish an electronic discussion group for constant
communication during the effort of reshaping our bibliographic
framework,..."

There has been some interesting discussion on this list from list
members, but there has been virtually no communication (much less
constant communication) from the Library of Congress. The most recent
information we have is the report of October 31, 2011 [2]. As nearly
three months have passed, it seems reasonable to ask for a report on
progress.

I therefore request that LC provide "communication" to this list,
which was established for that purpose.

kc
[possibly channeling the activist spirit of Christopher Hitchens on
this secular Sunday morning]

[1] http://www.loc.gov/marc/transition/news/framework-051311.html
[2] http://www.loc.gov/marc/transition/news/framework-103111.html

--