Karen:

This is exactly the point. If we're getting information from multiple sources and it does not completely agree, we can use the provenance to determine whether there's a preponderance across all sources, if the most reliable sources agree, if the 'freshest' sources agree (in the case of something likely to change) or all of the above. We can build in measures of quality, reliability, or any other criteria we think is important.

We can also 'smarten up' the data we have, using strategies already described and used by others. This is not the way we think about data now, but it's surely the way we'll need to think about it in future.

Diane