I've run into an issue with oXygen 13.2 that baffles me.

I'm putting together a demonstration of how entities work for a class. I tried to create the note "I ♥ Ben & Jerry's ice cream" to make my point.

I got the following error message: "The entity "hearts" was referenced, but not declared" and the file does not parse.

I found the following statement at line 907 of the DTD "By default, all declared sets are referenced" which leads me to believe that I do not need to declare the standard ISO entities individually.

Can anyone offer any insight as to why I've hit this problem. FYI, I got the same message for & .

Elizabeth H. Dow
Professor
Louisiana State University