I have a pen pal in Turkey who is a catalog librarian.  She (and I also) are curious about how much current cataloging classes in the U.S. are covering RDA, and what the timeline and plans are for covering it in future semesters.  I'm not a SLIS professor myself, so I'm not in a good position to answer her. Perhaps there was discussion of these issues at ALA Midwinter?

I look forward to hearing about the current status of teaching RDA, and plans for the near future by people who teach cataloging/metadata.

(Ms.) Sevim McCutcheon
Catalog Librarian, Asst. Prof.
Kent State University Libraries
tel: 330-672-1703