Hi,

currently we are developing a MODS support component in our open source
framework MyCoRe.

During implementation we noticed a nice feature is missing. For
accessibility of the presentation platform we like to add some hints for
screen readers etc.. We want use what the HTML standard provides us, as
this is our primary presentation platform. So whenever a title or an
abstract is entered we provide an additional field with the same text
HTML-encoded. The proper way to link both together is to use the
altRepGroup attribute as HTML is another representation of the normal
plain text field.

Sadly there is no way of tagging which variant is plain text and which
is HTML. There are three more attributes allowed: xml:lang,
transliteration and script. Neither of them fits. I would like to
suggest an "encoding" attribute that would enable this use case.

regards

Thomas Scheffler
--
Thomas Scheffler