[Forwarded behalf of Yasser Chutter]

(Apologies for cross postings)

I am working on my doctoral dissertation at the School of Library and Information Science, Indiana University Bloomington and I need some help setting up a benchmark for what I will refer to as good quality simple Dublin Core metadata. I am looking for input from volunteers (experienced cataloguers or metadata librarians ) who would be willing to create Dublin Core metadata records for the four resources (a web page, an image, a document, and a short video clip) listed below:

http://family.fourseasons.com/2011/08/lamb-couscous-vegtagine/

http://www.monroegallery.com/userfiles/photos/RuthO_comicreader.jpg

http://assets.cambridge.org/97805218/11491/sample/9780521811491ws.pdf

http://memory.loc.gov/mbrs/lcmp002/m2a31757.mpg

The following links provide additional information for each of the resources above:

http://family.fourseasons.com/about/

http://www.monroegallery.com/photographers/detail/id/635

http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~mchuttur/dc/bookpageresult.jsf.htm

http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/lcmp002.m2a31757

The link

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-ndSEdLyWyDYTk1MDE4NzctYjUxZC00NWEwLWEwMjMtOTMwY2E4ZTIxZTU4 contains a simple excel template with the 15 fields of Dublin Core. I have one sheet for each resource.

If you can help me, can you please download the original excel file and fill out the template with the values you believe most accurately describe the four resources listed above and/or if you know anybody that can help me, can you please forward this email with its attachment to the person.

I am always glad to answer any questions you may have or hear from your valuable suggestions, so please do not hesitate to email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Thank you

Yasser

--

Doctoral Candidate,

School of Library and Information Science, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, United States