Steve,

  The article about the Auer dinner would be interesting. I seem to
remember decades ago seeing a photo of the gathering -- a very large number of
people seated at tables in a large place. I can't remember where I saw it.

  The label of the 10" record is the same as that on the 12" one --  gold
print on white, with Auer's photo and facsimile handwritten dedication in
black. The only difference is the musical title, "Hungarian Dance No. 1
(Brahms)."

  The late Andy Karzas, who had absolute pitch, said the records play  at
77.56 rpm.

  Your speculation about the possible number of pressed copies and  that
Victor executives might have skimmed copies for themselves is interesting.

  Thanks.

  Don Tait