On 2/15/12 6:40 PM, "Cary Ginell" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Cary,

Giordano would be your best bet, depending on what he charges, if anything.
But he's very busy. He was interviewed yday on WNYC radio's Soundcheck
program where he talked about his two house loads of orchestrations.

You might try Paragon. Link is below.

http://paragonragtime.com/about/collection-of-historic-orchestrations/

The late Mike Montgomery of Michigan had a monstrous collection of early
orchestrations -- stock, dance, rag, etc. -- but I don't know what happened
to them.

There also was Dave (IIRC) Powers of Cincinnati, a huge collector of the
same stuff.

Feinstein wasn't kidding. He may have orchestrations of Broadway shows of
the period, but not ragtime charts.

There are many other potential sources on the web.

Dan Lang2nyc.rr.coman
danocast