I remember when AGFA began marketing 2" tape (I don't recollect their
numbers, though). It must have been right around 1982 or 83. They sent
me a reel to preview claiming a better  frequency response, more
headroom and better signal to noise ratio than Ampex 456. I spooled it
through once and so much oxide dust came off the tape it looked like a
small brown tornado hovering over the transport. That was the first and
last AGFA reel I ever used.
Malcolm

*******