-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Fine
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] excellent 5-part interview with Rudy Van Gelder

http://www.jazzwax.com/2012/02/interview-rudy-van-gelder-part-1.html

If you read carefully, he is saying a lot about his techniques and methods,
more than I've read in other interviews. He also clearly states that he was
less the "sonics decider" than people think -- that he did what producers
asked him to do.

Marc Myers did his usual excellent job conducting the interview and tying in
interesting and informative imagery. Links to next part at the top of each
page.

Van Gelder received a Grammy Trustees Award this year, it's worth watching
the short video of his acceptance message. I thought it was very classy, as
was this interview.