Hi Richard,
I noticed that the original poster at the Tom's Hardware link mentioned
that his oven would only go down to 140 degrees F. Yikes! My first
inclination for trying any baking would be lower and slower. I've
actually had satisfactory results with 468 & 469 by baking it at 118
degrees F. for 24 hours or so then applying an external lubricant.

Since Marie mentioned that her alcohol drip worked well have you tried
your D5? If lubricant residue is a concern you could always try Tape LAST.

Cheers!

Corey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering