From: "Dan Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Phono Preamps

How accurate will the playback curve be when 10%/20% off the shelf components in the feedback loop
be ?
I have 4 RIAA Preamps from Op-Amp labs here in LA, that track within a couple db off test records
with Shure 55 cartridges in each turntable. They cost like $40 each. Op-amp labs made a lot of plug
and play building blocks with good results for those who didnt want to hand build stuff.
I would suspect that with 1% components the typical data sheet preamp would track pretty close to
calculated values with off the shelf audio chips.

dnw

Beautiful Music you will never forget, at; http://www.americanbeautiful.podbean.com/