Hi Joe

When I have the LOC budget I might also consider a lab oven. In the real
world I'd rather spend my hard earned money on places where it actually
counts. Like better heads for my atr-100, where the sound originates
from in the chain. Or even better monitors so that I can hear more
detail of what is on tape and make any adjustments according to that.
With all due respect, when it comes to baking tapes, all you need is a
temperature that is high enough for the tapes and not to high to cause
damage. If it fluctuates slightly it is meaningless, and yes I tested it.
The food ovens and warmers for that matter are great for this purpose
because their thermostats are made for these temperature ranges and they
are accurate enough. If there is a good deal on eBay, great, if not
don't spend a fortune.
Take my word for it, your clients look at the whole picture and if they
are serious they will look at your whole operation, your credentials,
your past projects and not what kind of oven. Make sure your oven is the
right size though. For me, for example, I need something the size of a
fridge so that I can bake 350 tapes at a time (or 150 1" video tapes, or
240 Betacam/u-matic tapes).
MTC
Shai

בתאריך 02/20/12 1:36 AM, ציטוט Jim Lindner: