> I'm in the process of digitizing some open reel tapes.
> Some of the tape is  mil Mylar and it SQUEAKS.  Is
> there any kind of lubricant I can use to stop that?
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I got good results from using an isopropyl drip type treatment. Marie
O'Connell has developed a system for this, which I believe is detailed on
Richard Hess's website, but I used a cotton plangent and a shot-glass of
alcohol to apply the alcohol to the tape before it passed over the playback
head. Very tedious to do for an hour long tape, but it worked..

-Matt Sohn