For those wanting to see a rek-o-cut (poor mans version of the Presto) in action - the following short video shows a 78rpm record (dub) being cut recently.
http://www.78rpmcommunity.com/videos/48/67/record-lathe-cutting-a-78rpm-r

The 78 Project web series sounds like a very interesting project.
Hope it continues.
All the best

Sam