Thank you, Don, for the heads up on the Hugh Tracy recordings, we had not heard them but now we are completely fascinated by them.

We also love the later Lomax recordings.  Perhaps one of our favorite recordings of all-time are his 1959 recordings of Mississippi Fred McDowell, both for technical and artistic reasons.  We were actually very fortunate to hold the original master tape in our hands when we were visiting the Alan Lomax Archives at the Library of Congress last month.  Todd Harvey, curator of the archive, gave us an extraordinary tour of the vaults.  Needless to say, it was the most exciting day of our lives.

The 78 Project | www.the78project.com
[e] [log in to unmask]

Breakthrough musicians on a journey to connect with the haunting recordings of the past...