-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dan Nelson
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Phono Preamps

How accurate will the playback curve be when 10%/20%  off the shelf
components in the  feedback loop be ?
I have 4 RIAA  Preamps from Op-Amp labs  here in  LA, that track within a
couple db off test records with Shure 55 cartridges in each turntable. They
cost like $40 each.  Op-amp labs made a lot of  plug and play  building
blocks  with  good results for those who didnt want to  hand build  stuff.
I would suspect  that with 1% components  the typical  data sheet preamp
would track pretty close to calculated values with off the shelf audio
chips.

dnw

Beautiful Music you will never forget, at;
http://www.americanbeautiful.podbean.com/