From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Katie Mullen
Sent: Tuesday, 21 February 2012 10:47 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] offgasing from baking tapes

Awesome, thanks again! I *had* read your paper, but had not known about the
other resources on your site - will check them out!

>PVC tape is very rare and should not be baked, but I don't know how you
>differentiate it from PET.

If you really needed to and were able to do some destructive testing on the
tape:

The Beilstien Test for Chlorides in plastic:

http://www.sha.org/research_resources/conservation_faqs/documents/Beilstei.p
df

Use your respirator :)