I believe this is the event, although it's not particularly about restoration...

From April 12-14, 2012, the Stanford University Department of Music
will host its third /Reactions to the Record /symposium, a leading
forum for research and practice that engages the legacy of historical
recordings. The symposium will highlight work in performance practice,
in particular performances inspired by historical models.Presentation
topics will encompass cultural studies in performance, methodologies
of performance analysis, and performance in historical narrative.
Please check the website for information about the program,
presenters, concerts, exhibits, and registration.
http://music.stanford.edu/Events/StanfordMusicSymposium/index.html
Reactions to the Record III
Stanford University
April 12-14, 2011

Sponsored in part by the Stanford University Department of Music,
Stanford Institute for Creativity and the Arts, A. Jess Shenson Fund,
and the Smith Piano Fund