On Feb 29, 2012, at 4:27 PM, Jim Sam wrote:

> Except that dub the genre got its name from broadcasting and
> recordist jargon.

(from Wackypedia) ...which got its name from a fabled session when an
inadvertent muting of the vocals created a dub plate with only the
orchestra. which (this dubbed dub plate) Tubby used in concert.

> [begin snob]
>
> Also note how one of dub's big three performers was more so playing
> instrumental reggae than dub; I wouldn't give up one of our words to
> the semantically-challenged without a fight.
>
> [end snob]

I believe that muting the vocals constitutes not only dub, but it can
also be dubbed to a dub that way.    Are you saying that it has to
have incongruous program superimposed?

(I was interested to learn that SNob is an abbreviation for "sine
nobilitatus."   This allows a gentleman to add letters after his name
when signing in at public school, just like noblemen do.  Only, in
this case, it's Latin for "without nobility.")    (Respect)

> I actually find saying "lacquer" more aesthetically pleasing than
> saying "acetate."

...except that  "lacquer master" sounds as if the boss has gone
missing.   0:

The best part about lacquer is how it reads - its spelling.   The
string, "...cque...," does it for me.

Thanks and Praises,
      Andrew