08.02.2012 16:22, Huwig,Steve wrote:

> I don't think these two things are in conflict. No person should need to
> enter a URI instead of typing or selecting "audio" or the equivalent in
> their vocabulary to do their cataloging.
>
> Effectively a URI is just another code or number, with the advantage
> that the format and handling of the code has already been specified and
> is in wide use. It should be noted that technically a URI is not
> necessarily a URL.

So runs the theory, well-known in our trade by now. What's missing is
only the large-scale proof of concept. Until that comes along, there's
room for doubt, esp. because what's needed is a implementation on a
/very/ large scale with many very different players scattered around
the globe. In theory, ok, those new ideas sound great.

B.Eversberg