We haven't been printing them for the last several years either and the
online version along with the Word version are the final versions
-backed up daily. Recently, all the users come with their laptops and we
suggest users to download the PDF on their laptops' desktop just in
case. We haven't had any "library only long lasting power outages"
either. There was a several day long power outage that affected the
entire university but since the university was closed, it didn't cause
specific problem for our users.
 From the service perspective, not to have print copies in the reading
room is not really essential.
-- Ilhan

On 2/10/2012 5:26 PM, Jennie Anne Levine Knies wrote:
> Michele,
> To my knowledge, while we still have print copies of finding aids in our reading room, they're not updated as often as the EAD version.  So we really consider our EAD to be the "record" copy of the finding aid.  In the beginning, I think we were more diligent about printing out finding aids whenever we made significant revisions.
>
> I don't know that we've ever suffered from "all workstations" full - our bigger problem are occasional server problems or if the public site goes down.
>
> We do regular backups of the system and the content, so I am not so worried about losing the information permanently, unless the world loses electricity...
>
> Jennie
> ~*~
> Jennie Levine Knies
> Manager, Digital Stewardship