Hi all,

I really like how the Special Collections Research Center at the University of Chicago provides access to digitized content via their online finding aids.  It’s simple, it preserves context, and – perhaps most importantly – it’s available for off-line research.  For examples of how they provide access, see the “inventory” section within any of the finding aids on the following webpage:

http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/scrc/findingaids/browse.php?browse=digital

I also really, really, really like the University of North Texas Digital Library, http://digital.library.unt.edu/, which provides exemplary item-level webpages that push everything out (from metadata, use stats, and even the ability to download images, albeit one at a time, in this case) in a clean and clear user interface.

So, my questions are:

1.       Can anyone point me to other examples, like the University of Chicago, which provide easy access, whether via bulk downloads or a single packaged file, to digitized (or born-digital) objects that have been arranged by an archives?

For example, I just found another great example provided by the Portal de Archivos Espaońles (http://pares.mcu.es/) by way of the awesome APEnet portal (http://www.archivesportaleurope.eu/).  So, I know that there must be many more examples out there!

2.       How about any other examples like the UNT Digital Library, especially if those are tied to EAD finding aids?

3.       What about an ideal combination of the above?

Any and all examples are welcome,

Mark