From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christian Dupont
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Digitized objects provided in bulk from the finding aid (easy as 1, 2, 3?)

Check out the OAC. Berkeley/Bancroft in particular has been linking digital content to their finding aids for years (Mary Elings can tell you about that).

At various levels of the OAC interface you'll find little "eye" icons that indicate collections that have at least some online digital content that can be accessed from the finding aid; see for example:

http://www.oac.cdlib.org/institutions/UC+Berkeley?

Of course, you're being modest, Mark, in not citing the fine work you did while you were at ECU, which provides a simple yet elegant way of linking digitized contents to finding aids (and includes little camera icons that are similar to the OAC eye icons):

http://digital.lib.ecu.edu/special/ead/

Are you looking for ways to further improve the Archives of American Art digitized collections presentation or extend that type of presentation to other Smithsonian archives collections through SIRIS?

http://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/online

-Christian

Christian Dupont, PhD, MLIS
Aeon Program Director
Atlas Systems - a company promoting library excellence through efficiency
office: 757-467-7872 x215     fax: 757-467-7875     mobile: 434-242-6096
http://www.atlas-sys.com/
http://independent.academia.edu/ChristianDupont