Interesting about the lively discussion.  Our collections are consecutively
numbered (e.g. 2011-01, 2011-02, etc.) so when I came here in 1981, there
is ONE collection but the 01 collection might be manuscripts and personal
papers and the 02 collection might be archives of an organization.   I've
chosen to call the entire collection 'manuscripts' because of the
similarity of research materials, though internally we understand the
difference and do explain it to users and classes.

Dean

--
Dean DeBolt, University Librarian/University Archivist
University Archives and West Florida History Center

University of West Florida Library
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
[log in to unmask];   850-474-2213