Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, February 29th from 10:00
am to 12:00 pm for a training session entitled "Federal Legislative History
Research Using Library Resources" part of our series of free training
sessions at the DOI Library.

In order to find the legislative intent of a bill or public law,
researchers need to compile reports, testimony, debate, and other materials
related to that piece of legislation to find keys as to what Congress hoped
to accomplish by passing the bill.  The final compilation of all these
materials provides the researcher with a "legislative history" of the bill
or law in question and hopefully will answer the question of what Congress
intended with this legislation.  Attendees will learn how to use print and
electronic resources available in the DOI Library to conduct legislative
history research.  Included will be a look at how to put together a
legislative history using Library resources such as the Congressional
Information Service indexes, U.S. Congressional Serial Set (print and
online editions), Congressional Record, HeinOnline, and the LexisNexis
Congressional Hearings and Research Digital Collections.  This program will
be conducted by Reference Librarian Jennifer Klang.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the
Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at
(202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be
coming.

For more information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we
encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at
http://www.doi.gov/library/programs/training.cfm.

We hope to see you on February 29th!

George Franchois
Director