Dear Melinda,
Thank you for posting the 639-3 Change Request 2011 Summary.
I have some questions related to this document.
1- I do not really understand why the fact that the requester died is a good explanation not to take in consideration and answer the considered request;
2-The last part of your change summary uses  the vocabulary "Maintenance Agency", concerning SIL International and also Linguist list. But I do not see inside the normative text of ISO 639-3  the least sign of such a designation, moreover inside ISO, only registered "Maintenance Agencies" are allowed, whose official list is given by:    "http://www.iso.org/iso/standards_development/maintenance_agencies.htm"
3-Concerning the case of the ISO 639-3 code element "lut", I have a logician's question.  The retirement of this code element was asked by the Change Request 2009-040 from Utah State University. As far as I understand the case, this request was firstly accepted, and then this acceptation was retired after the considered tribus speaking this language had contested this retirement, so that this code element is now still on the ISO 639-3 list. but, I did not find any mention of the considered 2009-040 decisions inside the 2009 (and 2010 and 2011) series change request reports . Nevertheless, the case 200ç-040 does not appear among the 22 remaining pendant change request list. How is this possible ?
4-Concerning these 22 remaining pendant cases, I remark that one is from 2006, two are from 2009 and the nineteen others from 2011; It seems curious that the 2006 request, concerning the creation of a code element for the language name "medieval Greek", remains undecided after such a long time; the same concerning the two 2009 requests for he creation of others variants of the Greek language name.
Bien cordialement.
Gérard Lang